The National CMV Foundation is an equal opportunity network committed to a diverse representation of volunteers and employees. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for an open position regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, qualified disability, marital status or other legally protected statuses.
We are seeking a new board member with non-profit development or corporate relations experience who will bring access and influence to the group of Directors. The role of each Director is to serve a two-year term by leading, advising and supporting the vision, mission and activities of the National CMV Foundation.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Board Chair, the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as National CMV continues to grow. A new role within the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build out the development committee.
- Five to ten years’ experience in corporate development and fundraising.
- Development/Fundraising: Proven success in development for a large nonprofit. Experience running capital campaigns and success fundraising from multiple donor channels.
- Project Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Commitment to the goals and mission of The National CMV Foundation.
Each Director participates by:
- Attending quarterly Board meetings, ~2 hours in duration, and ad hoc meetings as necessary.
- Being accessible between meetings as needed, preparing well for meetings, and reviewing minutes and reports.
- Determining or executing upon the organization’s mission and purpose, and being an advocate for that mission.
- Ensuring effective organizational planning.
- Assessing the organization’s performance.
- Monitoring, mentoring and/or serving on committees as assigned or as needed, by providing advice and encouragement to the team, and reporting back to the Board with relevant updates or concerns.
- Identifying and nominating candidates to the Board Development Committee for vacant Board positions.
- Using personal and professional access/influence to support the growth and development of the organization.
- Accepting special assignments as designated by the Chair.
- Learning continuously about those served.
- Making decisions in the organization’s best interest and staying current on the activities of the organization.
- Positioning the National CMV Foundation as a credible resource/organization and supporting its programs.
- Looking for ways to enhance fundraising and development.
- Ensuring prudent use of assets and funds.
- Planning for the future.
Please send a cover letter detailing your interest and experience, along with an updated CV or resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The application period closes June 30, 2017.