The National CMV Foundation invites both businesses
and individuals to support its work through fundraising. With the help of our CMV community, we empower women to take charge of their health and activate CMV awareness.
Create a CMV Fundraiser
Do you have an idea for an event or fundraiser? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please use these helpful tips to get you started.
- INNOVATE: Come up with an idea that’s fun and inspiring for you and your community. Every idea is a good one when you’re volunteering your time and skills to give back.
- COMPETE: Click here to learn more about how you can Compete 4 CMV!
- DONATE: Make the first donation to demonstrate to your community that you believe in your efforts and the cause. Every dollar counts!
- SHARE: Send a personalized email to friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances, and follow-up with potential notifications, reminders, and progress updates. Ask people around you, including small businesses, campus organizations or other community sites. Be sure to thank each person for their contribution and generosity! Does your company match funds? Ask your employer if you can include your fundraiser in an upcoming company newsletter or email announcement.
SOCIALIZE: Use your social networks to spread the word about your fundraiser. For example, create and customize a fundraising page on Facebook, Crowdrise or GoFundMe to help promote your event. Perhaps schedule future posts, and include milestones or progress updates. Thank others for donating their time or dollars, give updates about your planning, and add photos or results from your event. To create your own event page on Crowdrise benefiting National CMV, please follow the below instructions:
- Visit our Crowdrise page.
- Click "Fundraise for this charity".
- Select "Start a new fundraiser".
- Create an event title.
- List a fundraising goal.
- Add a description about your event.
- Customize and promote via social media.
- Track your progress towards goal!
Example Facebook Posts:
- I am Crusading to raise money for the National CMV Foundation. Support my fundraising efforts by making a donation to eliminate congenital CMV and save babies!
- Training hard to #Compete4CMV and raise money for the National CMV Foundation. Support my fundraising efforts by making a donation to eliminate congenital CMV and save babies!
- I am Crusading to raise money for @NationalCMV. Support my efforts by making a donation to #stopCMV and save babies!
- Training hard to #Compete4CMV for @NationalCMV. Help support my fundraiser to #stopCMV and save babies!
- Would you like to help but are not interested in hosting an event or competing for the cause? No worries, there are other ways to contribute!
The National CMV Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Please help us Inform, Engage and Advocate as we work to eradicate congenital CMV. Your charitable contribution will allow us to advance our mission of CMV awareness, education, and research for women of childbearing age.