The National CMV Foundation invites both businesses
and individuals to support its work through fundraising. With the help of our CMV community, we empower women to take charge of their health and activate CMV awareness.
Create a CMV Fundraiser
Do you have an idea for an event or fundraiser? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please use these helpful tips to get you started.
- INNOVATE: Come up with an idea that’s fun and inspiring for you and your community. Every idea is a good one when you’re volunteering your time and skills to give back.
- COMPETE: Click here to learn more about how you can Compete 4 CMV!
- DONATE: Make the first donation to demonstrate to your community that you believe in your efforts and the cause. Every dollar counts!
- SHARE: Send a personalized email to friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances, and follow-up with potential notifications, reminders, and progress updates. Ask people around you, including small businesses, campus organizations or other community sites. Be sure to thank each person for their contribution and generosity! Does your company match funds? Ask your employer if you can include your fundraiser in an upcoming company newsletter or email announcement.
SOCIALIZE: Use your social networks to spread the word about your fundraiser. For example, create and customize a fundraising page on Facebook, Crowdrise or GoFundMe to help promote your event. Perhaps schedule future posts, and include milestones or progress updates. Thank others for donating their time or dollars, give updates about your planning, and add photos or results from your event. To create your own event page on Crowdrise benefiting National CMV, please follow the below instructions:
- Visit our Crowdrise page.
- Click "Fundraise for this charity".
- Select "Start a new fundraiser".
- Create an event title.
- List a fundraising goal.
- Add a description about your event.
- Customize and promote via social media.
- Track your progress towards goal!
Example Facebook Posts:
- I am Crusading to raise money for the National CMV Foundation. Support my fundraising efforts by making a donation to eliminate congenital CMV and save babies!
- Training hard to #Compete4CMV and raise money for the National CMV Foundation. Support my fundraising efforts by making a donation to eliminate congenital CMV and save babies!
- I am Crusading to raise money for @NationalCMV. Support my efforts by making a donation to #stopCMV and save babies!
- Training hard to #Compete4CMV for @NationalCMV. Help support my fundraiser to #stopCMV and save babies!
- Would you like to help but are not interested in hosting an event or competing for the cause? No worries, there are other ways to contribute!
Do you make frequent purchases from Amazon? If so, consider supporting the National CMV Foundation every time you shop!
For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of your purchase price towards the National CMV Foundation! You’ll find the same low prices, product selection, and shopping experience as you would on Amazon.com.
Follow these two simple steps:
- Click on the following link to support The National CMV Foundation by shopping at AmazonSmile.
- Shop as you normally do, and a donation will be made! But remember, you must visit smile.amazon.com vs. amazon.com every time you make a purchase to support our cause!
Denim Day at Work
Invite your workplace to go casual for the cause and nominate National CMV for your company’s next Denim Day. Contact your Human Resources (HR) department for permission and encourage your company to match the amount of money raised by participating employees.
Boost Your Birthday!
In lieu of birthday presents, ask your friends and family members to donate to the National CMV Foundation in your honor. Post your dedication via social media, share with your networks, and include a link to our Donation page!
Bambino Land is proud to offer a specialty blanket, designed specifically to benefit the National CMV Foundation. Bambino Land uses 100% organic materials for all their products, from swaddling blankets and hooded towels to wash cloths and bibs. For every specialty blanket you purchase, Bambino Land will donate $1 to the National CMV Foundation. Support our cause with these beautiful blankets
The National CMV Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Please help us Inform, Engage and Advocate as we work to eradicate congenital CMV. Your charitable contribution will allow us to advance our mission of CMV awareness, education, and research for women of childbearing age.