Host an Event or Fundraiser
The National CMV Foundation invites both businesses
and individuals to support our programs through fundraising. Without your assistance, our work could not be possible. The below attachments contain information about the National CMV Foundation, including suggestions to help you organize and plan your event. Please keep in mind that we are providing examples and templates, not requirements. We hope that you will plan your event to best suit your needs as well as those of the donors you plan to engage.
Create a CMV Fundraiser
Do you have an idea for an event or fundraiser? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please use these helpful tips to get you started.
- INNOVATE: Come up with an idea that’s fun and inspiring for you and your community. Every idea is a good one when you’re volunteering your time and skills to give back.
- COMPETE: Click here to learn more about how you can Compete 4 CMV!
- DONATE: Make the first donation to demonstrate to your community that you believe in your efforts and the cause. Every dollar counts!
- SHARE: Send a personalized email to friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances, and follow-up with potential notifications, reminders, and progress updates. Ask people around you, including small businesses, campus organizations or other community sites. Be sure to thank each person for their contribution and generosity! Does your company match funds? Ask your employer if you can include your fundraiser in an upcoming company newsletter or email announcement.
- SOCIALIZE: Use your social networks to spread the word about your fundraiser. For example, create and customize a fundraising page on Facebook or Crowdrise to help promote your event. Perhaps schedule future posts, and include milestones or progress updates. Thank others for donating their time or dollars, give updates about your planning, and add photos or results from your event.
To create your own event page on Crowdrise benefiting National CMV, please follow the instructions below:
- Visit our Crowdrise page.
- Click "Fundraise for this charity".
- Select "Start a new fundraiser".
- Create an event title.
- List a fundraising goal.
- Add a description about your event.
- Customize and promote via social media.
- Track your progress towards goal!
Example Facebook Posts:
- I am Crusading to raise money for the National CMV Foundation. Support my fundraising efforts by making a donation to eliminate congenital CMV for the next generation!
- Training hard to #Compete4CMV and raise money for the National CMV Foundation. Support my fundraising efforts by making a donation to eliminate congenital CMV and save babies!
- I am Crusading to raise money for @NationalCMV. Support my efforts by making a donation to #stopCMV and save babies!
- Training hard to #Compete4CMV for @NationalCMV. Help support my fundraiser to #stopCMV and save babies!
Would you like to help but are not interested in hosting an event or competing for the cause? No worries, there are other ways
Please use the following tools to help guide your fundraising activity and participation. Personalization is key! Use storytelling to drive emotional engagement with your community.
The National CMV Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Please help us Inform, Engage and Advocate as we work to eradicate congenital CMV. Your charitable contribution will allow us to advance our mission of CMV awareness, education, and research for women of childbearing age.