To our parents, advocates, ambassadors, donors, and experts, thank you for your continued support
in raising awareness and educating others about congenital CMV.
2017 was a very successful year for the National CMV Foundation
- developed four committees and engaged more than forty volunteers to pursue growth and promote our efforts.
- attended the 2017 International CMV Conference in the Netherlands.
- funded the first Pediatric Infectious Disease Society Fellowship Award for Congenital CMV Research.
- launched our Early Career Congenital CMV Research Award Program.
- expanded our awareness efforts by increasing our digital media presence through press and paid advertising.
- supported parent advocates as they pushed for state legislation regarding CMV education and/or screening.
- forged partnerships with several organizations to help distribute co-branded educational materials.
- held a two-day board retreat to focus on multi-year strategic planning. We remain committed to eliminating congenital CMV for the next generation.
Our progress is promising and it's because of your energy, passion and support
We look forward to furthering our mission together, in 2018 and beyond.
With gratitude on Thanksgiving,
Kristen Hutchinson Spytek
Category: Community, "Fueling Our Mission"