Fundraisers & Events
Join our community. Together, we are taking action to #STOPCMV. There are so many ways to join our movement -- find yours now!
Care to Talk
Interested in connecting with other CMV families while staying at home? Care to Talk is a recurring, online web conference event in which participants grab a drink, dial-in, and join us as we discuss life before, during, and beyond congenital CMV.
Care to Talk is moderated by National CMV co-founders, Farah Armstrong and Janelle Greenlee. This forum is simply an opportunity to dish, meet others within this community, and allow each of us some level of peer to peer support, virtually. Stay tuned for a future event!
Compete 4 CMV
The National CMV Foundation launched Compete 4 CMV, our endurance event series, in June 2014 in an effort to generate awareness, raise charitable contributions and spark meaningful competition amongst friends, while urging others to be advocates for their health. Choosing to Compete 4 CMV means competing for yourself, inspiring your community, and raising funds for National CMV. You can help bring awareness to CMV as a Compete 4 CMV participant. Whether you run a marathon, bike cross-country, or host your own studio fundraiser. Upcoming events:
Endurance Events – funding research and education programs to support treatment, therapies and prevention, requires stamina and sustainability. Go the distance at an upcoming Compete 4 CMV endurance event:
- DUE TO THE RAPIDLY EVOLVING COVID-19 SITUATION, ALL LIVE EVENTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Please consider creating digital fundraisers or supporting virtual campaigns as we seek to raise funds to continue full steam ahead with our mission and programs.
- 2020 MCM 10K - Sunday, October 25, 2020 - Washington, DC. Support our Compete 4 CMV Virtual MCM10K team, donate here!
- 2020 TCS New York City Marathon - Sunday, November 1, 2020 - New York, NY. This event was cancelled by NYRR on June 24, 2020. Stay tuned for 2021 registration, coming soon!
Studio Events– wherever you do fitness, you can make it a fundraiser! We have supporters across the country hosting events at spin, yoga and pilates studios, CrossFit gyms, and more. Partner with your local workout studio directly or contact us for help getting started.
Compete Your Way – raise funds for National CMV while participating in your favorite race in your community. Or even create your own challenge like a monthly mileage or summer summits – get creative and show your passion!
Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) is the leading cause of non-genetic hearing loss in the U.S. The National CMV Foundation is an alliance partner of the Hearing Loss Association of America's (HLAA) Walk4Hearing event series. The HLAA Walk4Hearing is a national program that reaches out to the more than 48 million people with hearing loss, their families, friends, and hearing health professionals to raise awareness about hearing loss, good hearing health, and communication access.
Join the National CMV Foundation team at an upcoming VIRTUAL event:
FALL: VIRTUAL COMMUNITY WALKS
Buffalo Walk4Hearing - 9/26/2020
Chicago Walk4Hearing - 10/4/2020
NYC Walk4Hearing - 10/4/2020
San Diego Walk4Hearing - 10/10/2020
New Jersey Walk4Hearing - 10/11/2020
North Carolina Walk4Hearing - 10/11/2020
Washington, DC Walk4Hearing - 10/17/2020
Pennsylvania Walk4Hearing - 10/18/2020
Kentucky Walk4Hearing - 10/24/2020
New England Walk4Hearing - 10/25/2020
Houston Walk4Hearing - 11/7/2020
Arizona Walk4Hearing - 11/7/2020
Create Your Own Fundraiser for CMV
There are so many ways to support the National CMV Foundation’s mission to educate women of childbearing age about congenital CMV. Channel your unique talents, interests, and skills into an unforgettable fundraiser.
- 2nd Annual Brycen Bash in Rochester, NY on October 10, 2020. Throughout September, the event hosts will be posting a series of five, funny challenges for all ages! Friend Brycen Bash on Facebook or follow @BrycenBash on Instagram for details regarding each challenge. Then, visit the campaign page to make a gift and vote for your favorite! Simply add the challenge number and your vote in the comments section of the donation page. We hope you'll participate, like, and share this entertaining content! Donate and vote now
- 2nd Annual #STOPCMV Charity Golf Tournament @ Pine Forest Country Club in Houston, TX on October 19, 2020. We're teeing off to increase congenital CMV awareness and ultimately #STOPCMV. Register here
A few other ideas to get you started…
- Start your own personal campaign by dedicating a birthday or other occasion to National CMV.
- Gather up friends and family by hosting a giveback fundraiser. Many local bars and restaurants will partner for charities for a giveback event – you bring in the crowd and they’ll give back a portion of sales – win-win! Checkout Groupraise for a list of possible partner restaurants.
- Get your community involved by creating your own special event, like a walk, dinner, concert, or golf tournament. Use the National CMV fundraising platform to manage your event.
Ready to get going? Check out our Fundraising Toolkit for set-up steps and resources.
Nonprofits that raise funds from the public must comply with charitable solicitation registration requirements at the state-level, and we're proud to share that we are in compliance. National CMV joins ranks with some of the most credible and worthy causes out there – we are registered to solicit charitable contributions in every required state.