Fundraisers & Events
Join our community. Together, we are taking action to #STOPCMV. There are so many ways to join our movement -- find yours now!
Care to Talk
Interested in connecting with other CMV families while staying at home? Care to Talk is a recurring, online web conference event in which participants grab a drink, dial-in, and join us as we discuss life before, during, and beyond congenital CMV.
Care to Talk is moderated by National CMV team members. This forum is simply an opportunity to dish, meet others within this community, and allow each of us some level of peer to peer support, virtually. Follow our social media to learn about upcoming events!
Compete 4 CMV
The National CMV Foundation launched Compete 4 CMV, our endurance event series, in June 2014 in an effort to generate awareness, raise charitable contributions and spark meaningful competition amongst friends, while urging others to be advocates for their health. Choosing to Compete 4 CMV means competing for yourself, inspiring your community, and raising funds for National CMV. You can help bring awareness to CMV as a Compete 4 CMV participant. Whether you run a marathon, bike cross-country, or host your own studio fundraiser. Upcoming events:
Endurance Events – funding research and education programs to support treatment, therapies and prevention, requires stamina and sustainability. Go the distance at an upcoming Compete 4 CMV endurance event:
- DUE TO THE RAPIDLY EVOLVING COVID-19 SITUATION, ALL LIVE EVENTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Please consider creating digital fundraisers or supporting virtual campaigns as we seek to raise funds to continue full steam ahead with our mission and programs.
- America's Virtual Turkey Trot - Thursday, November 26, 2020 - Anywhere. This year, we are partnering with other national and local organizations, and Turkey Trot events all over the country, to make this the largest Turkey Day of Running, ever! Simply register as part of the National CMV partner team and then run or walk the distance you pick, at any location you prefer. Sidewalk, trail, treadmill, whatever! The important thing is to get moving! Registration is $40 which includes a stylish, full zip jacket, navy-blue beanie, personalized race bib and pumpkin-pie inspired finisher's medal. And most importantly, $10 per every $40 registration will go directly to National CMV. Register today!
Studio Events– wherever you do fitness, you can make it a fundraiser! We have supporters across the country hosting events at spin, yoga and pilates studios, CrossFit gyms, and more. Partner with your local workout studio directly or contact us for help getting started.
Compete Your Way – raise funds for National CMV while participating in your favorite race in your community. Or even create your own challenge like a monthly mileage or summer summits – get creative and show your passion!
Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) is the leading cause of non-genetic hearing loss in the U.S. The National CMV Foundation is an alliance partner of the Hearing Loss Association of America's (HLAA) Walk4Hearing event series. The HLAA Walk4Hearing is a national program that reaches out to the more than 48 million people with hearing loss, their families, friends, and hearing health professionals to raise awareness about hearing loss, good hearing health, and communication access.
Join the National CMV Foundation team at an upcoming VIRTUAL event:
FALL: VIRTUAL COMMUNITY WALKS
Houston Walk4Hearing - 11/7/2020
Arizona Walk4Hearing - 11/7/2020
Create Your Own Fundraiser for CMV
There are so many ways to support the National CMV Foundation’s mission to educate women of childbearing age about congenital CMV. Channel your unique talents, interests, and skills into an unforgettable fundraiser.
Recent community events include the #STRIDES4CMV Virtual 5k in Minneapolis, MN, Brycen Bash in Rochester, NY and the 2nd annual #STOPCMV Charity Golf Tournament in Houston, TX.
A few other ideas to get you started…
- Start your own personal campaign by dedicating a birthday or other occasion to National CMV.
- Gather up friends and family by hosting a giveback fundraiser. Many local bars and restaurants will partner for charities for a giveback event – you bring in the crowd and they’ll give back a portion of sales – win-win! Checkout Groupraise for a list of possible partner restaurants.
- Get your community involved by creating your own special event, like a walk, dinner, concert, or golf tournament. Use the National CMV fundraising platform to manage your event.
Ready to get going? Check out our Fundraising Toolkit for set-up steps and resources or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Nonprofits that raise funds from the public must comply with charitable solicitation registration requirements at the state-level, and we're proud to share that we are in compliance. National CMV joins ranks with some of the most credible and worthy causes out there – we are registered to solicit charitable contributions in every required state.