Join our community. Together, we are taking action to #STOPCMV. There are so many ways to join our movement - find yours now!
Compete 4 CMV
The National CMV Foundation launched Compete 4 CMV, our endurance event series, in June 2014 in an effort to generate awareness, raise charitable contributions and spark meaningful competition amongst friends, while urging others to be advocates for their health. Choosing to Compete 4 CMV means competing for yourself, inspiring your community, and raising funds for National CMV. You can help bring awareness to CMV as a Compete 4 CMV participant. Whether you run a marathon, bike cross-country, or host your own studio fundraiser. Upcoming events:
Endurance Events – funding research and education programs to support treatment, therapies and prevention, requires stamina and sustainability. Go the distance at an upcoming Compete 4 CMV endurance event:
- 2020 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic - Saturday, February 22-Sunday, February 23, 2020 - Tampa, FL. The Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend is a hugely popular event. If you're a Tampa local or heading to sunny Florida for a winter holiday this is a perfect way to Compete 4 CMV! The weekend features race distances to suit every age group and experience level. Event registration is a two-step process. First, on your own complete your race registration through the GDC website. Then visit the Compete 4 CMV @ 2020 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic page to create your fundraising page.
- 2020 United Airlines NYC Half - Sunday, March 15, 2020 - New York, NY. The United Airlines New York City Half Marathon is a hugely popular event. Join Compete 4 CMV for this great race through the iconic streets of NYC! We are an official charity partner. 5 entries are available. $1,500 fundraising commitment. Register here to claim your spot!
- 2020 MCM 10K - Sunday, October 25, 2020 - Washington, DC. Details coming soon.
- 2020 TCS New York City Marathon - Sunday, November 1, 2020 - New York, NY. Details coming soon.
Studio Events– wherever you do fitness, you can make it a fundraiser! We have supporters across the country hosting events at spin, yoga and pilates studios, CrossFit gyms, and more. Partner with your local workout studio directly or contact us for help getting started. Recent events:
Compete Your Way – raise funds for National CMV while participating in your favorite race in your community. Or even create your own challenge like a monthly mileage or summer summits – get creative and show your passion!
Walk 4 Hearing
Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) is the leading cause of non-genetic hearing loss in the U.S. The National CMV Foundation is an alliance partner of the Hearing Loss Association of America's (HLAA) Walk4Hearing event series. The HLAA Walk4Hearing is a national program that reaches out to the more than 48 million people with hearing loss, their families, friends, and hearing health professionals to raise awareness about hearing loss, good hearing health, and communication access.
2020 Event Dates Coming Soon.
Create Your Own Fundraiser for CMV
There are so many ways to support the National CMV Foundation’s mission to educate women of childbearing age about congenital CMV. Channel your unique talents, interests, and skills into an unforgettable fundraiser.
- 2nd Annual #STOPCMV Charity Golf Tournament @ Pine Forest Country Club in Houston, TX - Monday, April 6, 2020. We're teeing off to increase congenital CMV awareness and ultimately #STOPCMV. Register here.
A few other ideas to get you started…
- Start your own personal campaign by dedicating a birthday or other occasion to the National CMV.
- Gather up friends and family by hosting a giveback fundraiser. Many local bars and restaurants will partner for charities for a giveback event – you bring in the crowd and they’ll give back a portion of sales – win-win! Checkout Groupraise for a list of possible partner restaurants.
- Get your community involved by creating your own special event, like a walk, dinner, concert, or golf tournament. Use the National CMV fundraising platform to manage your event.
Ready to get going? Check out our Fundraising Toolkit for set-up steps and resources.
Nonprofits that raise funds from the public must comply with charitable solicitation registration requirements at the state-level, and we're proud to share that we are in compliance. National CMV joins ranks with some of the most trustworthy groups out there – we are registered to solicit charitable contributions in every required state.