Join our community. Together, we are taking action to #STOPCMV. There are so many ways to join our movement - find yours now!
Compete 4 CMV
The National CMV Foundation launched Compete 4 CMV, our endurance event series, in June 2014 in an effort to generate awareness, raise charitable contributions and spark meaningful competition amongst friends, while urging others to be advocates for their health. Choosing to Compete 4 CMV means competing for yourself, inspiring your community, and raising funds for National CMV. You can help bring awareness to CMV as a Compete 4 CMV participant. Whether you run a marathon, bike cross-country, or host your own studio fundraiser. Upcoming events:
Endurance Events – funding research and education programs to support treatment, therapies and prevention, requires stamina and sustainability. Go the distance at an upcoming Compete 4 CMV endurance event:
- 2020 NYC United Airlines NYC Half - Sunday, March 15, 2020 - New York, NY. We are an official charity partner. 5 entries are available. $1,500 fundraising commitment. Register here to claim your spot!
Studio Events– wherever you do fitness, you can make it a fundraiser! We have supporters across the country hosting events at spin, yoga and pilates studios, CrossFit gyms, and more. Partner with your local workout studio directly or contact us for help getting started. Recent events:
- Compete 4 CMV @ Crossfit Gantry in Long Island City, NY - Saturday, November 2, 2019. Donate here.
Compete Your Way – raise funds for National CMV while participating in your favorite race in your community. Or even create your own challenge like a monthly mileage or summer summits – get creative and show your passion!
Walk 4 Hearing
The National CMV Foundation is an alliance partner of the Hearing Loss Association of America's (HLAA) Walk4Hearing event series. The HLAA Walk4Hearing is a national program that reaches out to the more than 48 million people with hearing loss, their families, friends, and hearing health professionals to raise awareness about hearing loss, good hearing health, and communication access.
Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) is the leading cause of non-genetic hearing loss in the U.S.
We are excited to offer this opportunity to support both National CMV Foundation and HLAA by participating in and fundraising for these upcoming Walk4Hearing events. During registration, be sure to select National CMV Foundation as your charity. Contact us with any questions.
10/13 - New Jersey Walk4Hearing
10/13 - North Carolina Walk4Hearing
10/19 - Washington, DC Walk4Hearing
10/20 - Pennsylvania Walk4Hearing
10/27 - New England Walk4Hearing
11/2 - Arizona Walk4Hearing
11/2 - Kentucky Walk4Hearing
IMPORTANT NOTE: Funds raised by Alliances are distributed as follows:
Local Walk4Hearing: 10%
Create Your Own Fundraiser for CMV
There are so many ways to support the National CMV Foundation’s mission to educate women of childbearing age about congenital CMV. Channel your unique talents, interests, and skills into an unforgettable fundraiser.
- Bash for Brycen in Pittsford, NY - Saturday, October 12, 2019. Family fun fall picnic to educate the community about congenital CMV and raise donations for the National CMV Foundation. We will have farm animals for the kids to hold and feed, a bounce house, and a silent gift basket auction. Contact Emilie McDonald for more information. Click here to make a gift in memory of Brycen.
- Grace's Run in Ipswich, MA - Sunday, October 13, 2019. A fun-focused 5k run/walk for #CMVawareness. Donate here.
- Fifth Hammer Giveback in Long Island City, NY - Saturday, November 2, 2019. Join us for a fun afternoon at Fifth Hammer Brewing Company (this will immediately follow the Compete 4 CMV @ Crossfit Gantry event AND we'll be joined by our Compete 4 CMV - NYC Marathon team to wish them a strong race on Sunday - see details for both events above). Visit this site, then select 'Post-WOD RSVP to let us know you'll be there.
A few other ideas to get you started…
- Start your own personal campaign by dedicating a birthday or other occasion to the National CMV.
- Gather up friends and family by hosting a giveback fundraiser. Many local bars and restaurants will partner for charities for a giveback event – you bring in the crowd and they’ll give back a portion of sales – win-win! Checkout Groupraise for a list of possible partner restaurants.
- Get your community involved by creating your own special event, like a walk, dinner, concert, or golf tournament. Use the National CMV fundraising platform to manage your event.
Ready to get going? Check out our Fundraising Toolkit for set-up steps and resources.
Nonprofits that raise funds from the public must comply with charitable solicitation registration requirements at the state-level, and we're proud to share that we are in compliance. National CMV joins ranks with some of the most trustworthy groups out there – we are registered to solicit charitable contributions in every required state.