Join our community. Together, we are taking action to #STOPCMV. There are so many ways to join our movement - find yours now!
Compete 4 CMV
The National CMV Foundation launched Compete 4 CMV, our endurance event series, in June 2014 in an effort to generate awareness, raise charitable contributions and spark meaningful competition amongst friends, while urging others to be advocates for their health. Choosing to Compete 4 CMV means competing for yourself, inspiring your community, and raising funds for National CMV. You can help bring awareness to CMV as a Compete 4 CMV participant. Whether you run a marathon, bike cross-country, or host your own studio fundraiser. Upcoming events:
Endurance Events – funding research and education programs to support treatment, therapies and prevention, requires stamina and sustainability. Go the distance at an upcoming Compete 4 CMV endurance event:
- 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon - Sunday, October 13, 2019 - Chicago, IL. Already registered for the race? Race for a reason by joining Compete 4 CMV as a fundraiser! Register here.
- 2019 MCM10K - Sunday, October 27, 2019 - Washington, DC. Register here.
- 2019 TCS New York City Marathon - Sunday, November 3, 2019 - New York, NY. We are excited to be a community level charity partner for 2019. 5 guaranteed entries are available. Contact us to be added to the waitlist.
Studio Events– wherever you do fitness, you can make it a fundraiser! We have supporters across the country hosting events at spin, yoga and pilates studios, CrossFit gyms, and more. Partner with your local workout studio directly or contact us for help getting started. Upcoming events:
- Cycle 4 CMV @ Rush Cycle in Denver, CO - Saturday, June 22, 2019. Register or donate here.
- 3rd Annual Ride 4 EVS - Cycle 4 CMV @ CycleBar South Tampa - Sunday, June 9, 2019. Donate here.
Compete Your Way – raise funds for National CMV while participating in your favorite race in your community. Or even create your own challenge like a monthly mileage or summer summits – get creative and show your passion!
Walk 4 Hearing
The National CMV Foundation is an alliance partner of the Hearing Loss Association of America's (HLAA) Walk4Hearing event series. The HLAA Walk4Hearing is a national program that reaches out to the more than 48 million people with hearing loss, their families, friends, and hearing health professionals to raise awareness about hearing loss, good hearing health, and communication access.
Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) is the leading cause of non-genetic hearing loss in the U.S.
We are excited to offer this opportunity to support both National CMV Foundation and HLAA by participating in and fundraising for these upcoming Walk4Hearing events. During registration, be sure to select National CMV Foundation as your charity. Contact us with any questions.
9/22 - NYC
9/28 - Chicago
9/29 - Buffalo
9/29 - San Diego
10/5 - Houston
10/13 - New Jersey
10/13 - North Carolina
10/19 - Washington, DC
10/20 - Pennsylvania
10/27 - New England
11/2 - Arizona
11/2 - Kentucky
IMPORTANT NOTE: Funds raised by Alliances are distributed as follows:
Local Walk4Hearing: 10%
Create Your Own Fundraiser for CMV
There are so many ways to support the National CMV Foundation’s mission to educate women of childbearing age about congenital CMV. Channel your unique talents, interests, and skills into an unforgettable fundraiser.
Going on now...
A few other ideas to get you started…
- Start your own personal campaign by dedicating a birthday or other occasion to the National CMV.
- Gather up friends and family by hosting a giveback fundraiser. Many local bars and restaurants will partner for charities for a giveback event – you bring in the crowd and they’ll give back a portion of sales – win-win! Checkout Groupraise for a list of possible partner restaurants.
- Get your community involved by creating your own special event, like a walk, dinner, concert, or golf tournament. Use the National CMV fundraising platform to manage your event.
Ready to get going? Check out our Fundraising Toolkit for set-up steps and resources.
Nonprofits that raise funds from the public must comply with charitable solicitation registration requirements at the state-level, and we're proud to share that we are in compliance. National CMV joins ranks with some of the most trustworthy groups out there – we are registered to solicit charitable contributions in every required state.