Fundraisers & Events
Join our community. Together, we are taking action to #STOPCMV. There are so many ways to join our movement -- find yours now!
Care to Talk
Interested in connecting with other CMV families while staying at home? Care to Talk is a recurring, online web conference event in which participants grab a drink, dial-in, and join us as we discuss life before, during, and beyond congenital CMV.
Care to Talk is moderated by National CMV team members. This forum is simply an opportunity to dish, meet others within this community, and allow each of us some level of peer to peer support, virtually. Follow our social media to learn about upcoming events!
Compete 4 CMV
The National CMV Foundation launched Compete 4 CMV, our endurance event series, in June 2014 in an effort to generate awareness, raise charitable contributions and spark meaningful competition amongst friends, while urging others to be advocates for their health. Choosing to Compete 4 CMV means competing for yourself, inspiring your community, and raising funds for National CMV. You can help bring awareness to CMV as a Compete 4 CMV participant. Whether you run a marathon, bike cross-country, or host your own studio fundraiser. Upcoming events:
Endurance Events– funding research and education programs to support treatment, therapies and prevention, requires stamina and sustainability. Go the distance at an upcoming Compete 4 CMV endurance event:
- LIVE EVENTS ARE COMING BACK! Please consider creating digital fundraisers or supporting live or virtual campaigns as we seek to raise funds to continue full steam ahead with our mission and programs.
- The 2021 TCS NYC Marathon will happen live on Sunday, November 7th with 33,000 runners and we are pleased to announce that we have been invited as a charity partner for the fourth consecutive year! National CMV will have 8 sacred race spots, registration details coming soon.
Studio Events– wherever you do fitness, you can make it a fundraiser! We have supporters across the country hosting events at spin, yoga and pilates studios, CrossFit gyms, and more. Partner with your local workout studio directly or contact us for help getting started.
- We kicked off CMV Awareness Month with a small group megaformer pilates studio workout at Mantra in Tampa, FL on Sunday, June 6th. We raised $3,825! Weren't able to make it but still want to contribute, there's still time to donate here!
Strides 4 CMV Worldwide Virtual 5k
Save the date for our 2nd
annual Strides 4 CMV Worldwide Virtual 5k on Saturday, June 26th
! We can't all be together physically, but we can each feel connected to our global community as we walk, run, or roll to raise awareness for the most common congenital infection affecting newborns.
Help us beat our inaugural turn-out of more than 500 participants and $25,000 raised! Registration is only $10 per participant and incremental donations are welcome but certainly not required.
Form a team or grab your roommate(s) and join us for this global, virtual 5K at your own pace. Register today!
Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) is the leading cause of non-genetic hearing loss in the U.S. The National CMV Foundation is an alliance partner of the Hearing Loss Association of America's (HLAA) Walk4Hearing event series. The HLAA Walk4Hearing is a national program that reaches out to the more than 48 million people with hearing loss, their families, friends, and hearing health professionals to raise awareness about hearing loss, good hearing health, and communication access.
Join the National CMV Foundation team at an upcoming VIRTUAL event (online or in your neighborhood) during CMV awareness month! Register here
Saturday, June 12th
- Bay Area
- Long Beach
Sunday, June 13th
Strides 4 CMV Twin Cities 5k Run/Walk/Roll
Join CMV families and supporters for our 3rd annual accessible 5k on the campus of the University of Minnesota on Saturday, August 14th
! The route will take participants across the beautiful pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi River. A virtual option will also be available. Registration information is live!
STOPCMV Golf Tournament
Save the date for the 3rd annual StopCMV Golf Tournament in Houston, TX at the Pine Valley Country Club on Monday, October 18th
! CMV families and local supporters will be teeing off to increase congenital CMV awareness in this 4-person scramble tournament. Register today!
Compete Your Way
– raise funds for National CMV while participating in your favorite race in your community. Or even create your own challenge like a monthly mileage or summer summits – get creative and show your passion!
Create Your Own Fundraiser for CMV
There are so many ways to support the National CMV Foundation’s mission to educate women of childbearing age about congenital CMV. Channel your unique talents, interests, and skills into an unforgettable fundraiser.
A few other ideas to get you started…
- Start your own personal campaign by dedicating a birthday or other occasion to National CMV.
- Gather up friends and family by hosting a giveback fundraiser. Many local bars and restaurants will partner for charities for a giveback event – you bring in the crowd and they’ll give back a portion of sales – win-win! Checkout Groupraise for a list of possible partner restaurants.
- Get your community involved by creating your own special event, like a walk, dinner, concert, or golf tournament. Use the National CMV fundraising platform to manage your event.
Ready to get going? Check out our Fundraising Toolkit for set-up steps and resources or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Nonprofits that raise funds from the public must comply with charitable solicitation registration requirements at the state-level, and we're proud to share that we are in compliance. National CMV joins ranks with some of the most credible and worthy causes out there – we are registered to solicit charitable contributions in every required state.